Hygrolon was developed after studying how epiphytic plants grow in nature on moss and bark. The roots of epiphytes absorb the water in the bark. As they do, the moisture spreads evenly through the bark which ensures the substrate is never wet.
The aim of Hygrolon was mimic these effects to create a synthetic growing media for epiphytes, whilst also being 100% inert and non-decomposable.
The benefits of hygrolon are:
- Holds 280 % of water
- Wicks and lift water vertically up to 320 mm
- Is 100% inert and free from degradation.
- Is an eco-friendly alternative.
- Acts as an excellent substitute for other organic growth substrates such as sphagnum, cork, bark, xaxim etc.
- For terraria, vivaria, orchid and greenhouse use.
Shipping and Delivery
Standard UK shipping is £6.95. Shipping is free on orders over £100. All orders are shipped via DPD Local Express 24. We aim to ship all orders within 1-3 working days. Plants are shipped Monday-Wednesday inclusive. Orders can be collected Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.